A marital settlement agreement is an easy way to resolve a divorce case. It is actually a written agreement of the parties involved in the divorce process. It gives you the option to settle your case without submitting it to a judge to decide at trial.
A marital settlement agreement document usually includes:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Community assets
- Debts, etc.
The agreement document may contain other important matters as well.
However, preparing a marital settlement agreement document can be an overwhelming and time-consuming chore for an inexperienced person. This is why it’s better to hire a legal document assistant or LDA. They have had the right training and experience. You can rest assured that he will prepare the document correctly. Also, a legal document assistant is a cost-effective alternative to a lawyer.
In this article, we are going to discuss the dos and don’ts when hiring an LDA for marital settlement agreement document preparation. Consider going through the rest of the article properly to know more.
The Dos and Don’ts when hiring an LDA
Here are some important things you need to know before you hire an LDA to get your legal documents prepared:
- You should hire a legal document assistant that has been preparing divorce settlement documents for a long time. Experienced legal document assistants are more knowledgeable about the legal procedures than an inexperienced guy. They have already prepared similar documents several times before. So, they know how to deal with unpredictable challenges associated with legal document preparation. Thus, hiring such a guy for your marital settlement agreement document preparation will give you complete peace of mind.
- You should meet the legal document assistant in person before making your final decision. You should ask him the questions you have regarding your divorce settlement document. The way he answers to your questions will give you an idea of how knowledgeable he actually is.
- You should read client reviews and testimonials before hiring an LDA. The opinions of previous clients will give you an idea of how trustworthy the guy is.
- Do not blindly choose a legal document assistant based on someone’s recommendation or just because he is a relative or friend of someone you know.
- Do not choose an LDA based on the fees and rates alone. You must consider the other factors mentioned in this article into consideration before making your final decision.
Get in Touch with Trusted LDAs
‘LegalDoc-prep’ offers legal document preparation services at affordable prices. The services include divorce document preparation, marital settlement agreement document preparation, child custody & visitation document preparation, etc. They have been providing divorce settlement document preparation documents for a long time. You can find client reviews on their website. Visit the website – legaldoc-prep.com to know more. You can contact them directly if you have any questions regarding their services. Also, read the blogs on their website to learn more about the importance of hiring legal document assistants.